Saturday, February 21, 2009

Grammy Awards 2009

Hey there everyone!

Things got a little crazy with school in the last couple of weeks, but don't think I forgot about the Grammys and more importantly, Grammy hair! I'm going to run down a list of my faves and flops, and you better believe I'll be posting right after the Oscars tomorrow! This is the mack daddy of awards shows. My favorite day of the year! But lets get back to Grammy. Grammy is Oscar's punk rock cousin. Grammy is the place stars come to get their crazy and fun out. It's always hit and miss at the Grammys, and this year, there were definitely some hits and some very big misses.

Let's start with the good news. My favorite hairstyle of the night was a surprise. Audrina Patridge from The Hills has the most amazing messy side bun! I am no fan of The Hills, (and as a student at the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in LA-- the school Lauren Conrad attends, I am sick of the hype) but I thought she looked AMAZING. Other high notes included: Taylor Swift (who always looks fabulous), Carrie Underwood, and Miley Cyrus.

Some of the misses? Paula Abdul (is it just me or is she a permanent resident on the worst dressed lists?), Keyshia Cole, Cyndi Lauper, and Lisa Rina.

Any thoughts on Grammy hair? Stay tuned for my Oscars round up, and in the mean time, check out BellaSugar's take on Grammy fashion, beauty, and hair!

--rayy

No comments: